Submitting files for printing | Configuring a virtual plotter | Creating a plot file
Submitting files for printing
You can submit .plt, .pdf, and .dwg files to
have your drawings printed. Our preference is that you submit plot (.plt) files.
- Faster to print
- Automated collating
- Plans can be enlarged and reduced to scale
- Plans can be emailed, burned onto a CD, and archived
- More time consuming to open
and print, increasing the cost
- Least desirable file type
- Printer cannot read .dwg files
- Must be converted to a .plt file before printing
- Additional $5.00 charge
^back to top
Configuring a virtual plotter
Before you can create a plot (.plt) file from
your AutoCAD 2000/2992 drawing, you'll need to configure a
virtual system plotter on your computer. The following instructions
will guide you through the process:
- In AutoCad, click FILE,
then click Plotter Manager.
- The Plotter Manager window
will open. Double click Add-a-Plotter Wizard.
- The Introduction page will
open. Click NEXT.
- The Begin page will open. Select
My Computer and click NEXT.
- The Plotter Model window will
open. Under Manufacturer, select HP.
Under Models, select any DesignJet 750C
Model. They should all work.
- A Driver Information message
will appear. Click CONTINUE.
- The Import Pcp or Pc2 window
will open. Click NEXT.
- The Ports window will open.
Select Plot To File on the upper right side. Click
- The Plotter Name window will
open. Give it a descriptive name such as "Andrews
Blueprint Plot File Plotter." Click NEXT.
- The Finish window will open.
The plotter has been added
^back to top
Creating a plot file
Using the virtual plotter that you just configured,
follow these instructions to create a .plt file:
- With your drawing open and
ready to plot, click on the Plot icon, just
as though you were going to plot to a plotter. Or
you can click FILE, then select PLOT.
- The Plot window will open.
Two tabs, the Plot Device tab and the
Plot Settings tab, will appear.
Click Plot Device.
- In Plotter Configuration, click
on the plotter selection pull-down menu and highlight
the plotter that you just configured.
- The .plt file will be created
and saved in the same location as the drawing file.
- Click Plot Settings
to set the paper size, choose the plotting window,
- Click Full Preview to
check the layout.
- When everything is complete,
click OK. The drawing will be plotted to
For further instructions on setting up your drawings
to plot, refer to your AutoCad manual.
If you have any questions, please contact us
at 831-424-0331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
^back to top